Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Read-a-Thon

Dewey at the Hidden Side of the Leaf is gathering interest in a Spring Read-a-Thon. Get over there fast she is going to decide by tomorrow if she is going to hold a Spring Read-a-Thon.

Dewey hosted one in October and I was bummed that I couldn't do it. I only had discovered Dewey's site a couple of weeks before the 24 hour bonanza and couldn't get my act together (with my 1 year old) to be able to do it. It looked like such fun reading everyone's blogs that participated that I said I didn't want to miss another one. Dewey organizes cheerleaders to encourage people to continue and there are prizes and mini-challenges through the night. I definitely want to participate and help with the cheering and organizing. It will be interesting to see how it goes with a 1 year old, but it seems flexible enough that it is do-able.

I have asked my husband for a hotel stay for Mother's Day that I was going to use for the October Read-a-Thon, so this will be a good test on how it goes being at home. :) I figure I will get my most reading done between 8:00pm and 6:00am when my daughter is asleep!

No comments: