Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hour 16

I did it!! I finished the Hunger Games! It is awesome!! I wish I had Catching Fire with me - I thought about stopping at Costco on my way home to pick it up! What a way to end!! UGH....One of those books you don't want to end. I am glad there are 2 more.

I am now in my 40's and am straining my brain to remember YA books when I was actually a YA! I don't think they were this good or maybe I was just reading the wrong ones! I loved series like Sweet Valley High, but remember starting adult books very young. I remember VC Andrews and A Child Called It (or something like it), but that is about it. I should have been keeping a book journal then! Does anyone else my age remember what YA books were out?

I think the quality of YA has improved. I have loved Harry Potter, Twilight, Luxe, Goosegirl, and now Hunger Games. :)

Ok I am still reading - hoping to make it until 2 EST. :) I will now start reading Shiver.

1 comment:

Miss Wisabus said...

It's getting late and you're doing great!
Hope you're enjoying your selections.
Just a few more hours and you can do it!

- Elizabeth (Team Irony)

(I started re-reading Shiver today so I could start Linger ASAP. Hope you enjoy it!)