Saturday, October 18, 2014

Read-a-thon Hour 12



I am still here...hour 12...not much reading happening.  But that was expected with the 3 kiddos and me home with my hubby traveling.

1, What are you reading right now?
 I read a couple of chapters of "First Impressions."  It is an advance copy and I really like it.


It is a book about Jane Austen and makes me want to read more of the Pride & Prejudice spin offs :)

Does anyone else notice the difference of men writing romance scenes vs women? 


2. How many books have you read so far?
I have read 2 chapters and 11 kiddy books.  I think next year I am going to call this Chapter-thon!

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Still looking forward to Red Hill
Red Hill

And finishing First Impressions.
4. Have you had many interruptions?
Too many to count!!

How did you deal with those?
I go with the flow and am looking foward to the kiddies going to bed - I probably won't make it through the night but a few hours of reading will be awesome!

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That for a while my 8 year old was really into it and the TV stayed off for most of the day!  She completed a book and she is a serial book starter not a finisher!  So that is impressive.

4 comments:

CaroG said...

I can imagine that 3 little ones might keep your hands pretty full. No worries, you are still here and we are here for you!
#TeamKing

Kristen said...

That's awesome that you have your daughter reading with you! So glad she's off the TV and into books. Read read read!

KaKiJoKoJa said...

Hope you are getting some alone reading time now. Still having fun?

world4anna said...

Hope your still having fun. I think I will be adding both books to my TBR pile. Have fun.